The advent of illness, with all its potential diminishments (even if it's temporary), emotional turmoil, psychological insult, and spiritual challenges all present trauma to anyone’s life. Grave, chronic, and especially terminal conditions confound your life and alter your image of the world, yourself, and God.
The Spiritual Strengths Healing Plan is built on the simple belief that healing (as distinct from curing) is not of this world and that a keen awareness of God’s presence within is essential, regardless of your physical condition.
Current research has clearly demonstrated that we can mobilize God’s healing energies implanted within us. My book, The Ten Most Effective Healing Techniques, teaches 10 ways to take stronger charge of your spiritual strengths and focus them on your illness, whatever it may be.
I’ve taken some of these 10 from research that documents the restorative and healing characteristics of the techniques listed here. Others I’ve taken from my own clinical experience and have applied them to the illness experience.
I call these the ten "most effective" techniques because I’ve seen them work best, both for me as a illness survivor and for my counseling patients seeking ways to shift their illness experience from a "reign of terror" to a time of promise. The ten techniques include―
- Education for Healing: Discovering God’s unique healing power within you.
- Healing Relaxation and Meditation: Centering on your healing strengths.
- Healing Prayer: Connecting with the Divine Healer.
- Imagination and Guided Imagery: Spring-boarding to new healing.
- The Healing Value of Smiling: Changing your mood for maximum healing.
- Healing Art & Drawings: Discovering new dimensions of healing.
- Life Review & Spiritual Autobiography: Finding God’s healing hand throughout your life.
- Personality Voice Awareness: Discovering healing whispers within you.
- Healing Circles: Feeling healing strengths from others.
- Praying the Labyrinth: Learning a new Healing pathway.
These ten techniques are a solid and reliable means of helping you and/or others tap into the healing power within. This list is not exhaustive. There are many other techniques, but these ten can be used with confidence.